I don’t care how reputable a company is, what fitness brand has their name on it, how natural the ingredients are, or if they are labeled under the guise of “dietary supplements.”
Weight loss supplements are a waste of time and can have unpleasant and serious side effects like abdominal pain, thirst, nausea, constipation, dizziness, anxiety, high blood pressure, depression, and more.
Still, dieters spend billions of dollars per year on these products hoping for an easy way to lose weight fast.
If you want to slim down, lose weight naturally the good old fashion way: healthy diet and exercise. It works every time!
Besides, dieters who lose weight naturally are able to keep the weight off much longer than dieters who take a pill with false promises to “lose 10 pounds in a week” or “lose 20 pounds in a month.
A major issue I have with weight loss supplements or diet pills is that there is no education involved to teach dieters how to properly eat for fat loss.
Another major issue I have is that many diet pills do not promote fitness which is by far the best way to slim down, get toned, and get in shape for a healthy and fit body.
Let’s be honest, people become overweight for two reasons:
1. They overeat
2. They lead a physical inactivity lifestyle
So, if dieters become fat because they eat too much, then it makes logical sense to do the exact opposite…eat less…to lose weight. If dieters are looking for faster weight loss results, exercise.
How hard is this concept?
Yes, I understand that there are a lot of people who don’t like to work out and as a result, make all kinds of excuses why they should not exercise, but if a dieter is serious about keeping the weight off long term, then that dieter will learn how to lose weight naturally instead of relying on weight loss supplements.
If you have taken diet pills in the past or know of someone who has, what happened?
Chances are you or that person had some weight loss success, but was unable to maintain that new weight for very long after discontinuing the supplements.
So, instead of investing the time to learn how to eat healthy and workout with a fitness routine, you or that person gained all the weight back, plus more.
My heart was beating so fast like it was going to pop where it continued like this for several hours. Not to mention, I was feeling jumpy and really, really anxious.
To sat the least, I couldn’t wait for the effects to finally wear off!
Although ephedra was banned in 2004 by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration throughout the United States (and upheld by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit in 2006), I vowed to never, ever use weight loss supplements again.
To lose and maintain the weight I wanted, all I did was eat less, eat healthier, counted calories using calories cycling, and exercised.
Instead of wasting your money on these supplements, why not try doing the same? Besides, it’s not like you can take diet pills forever.
When it comes to burning calories and fat, food is not the enemy.
If it were true, then this lady my sister met wouldn’t have been able to lose 90 pounds simply from improving her eating habits (and she did not exercise to lose weight-WOW!).
Of course I recommend some form of exercise to help burn fat faster, but it’s not like you need exercise in order to live.
You do however need food to live.
Therefore, instead of wasting your time and money on weight loss supplements, make a commitment to yourself to learn how to eat better by making changes to your eating habits.
For instance, you could:
1. Eat off smaller plates so you don’t overeat and try these other easy weight loss tips
2. Join a weight loss support group like Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig where you can learn how to eat better
3. Avoid foods high in sugar, calories, and fat
4. Reduce your intake of carbohydrates
5. Eat less sweets and cut back on sugar; especially sugary beverages
6. Go on a gluten-free diet or whole foods diet and eat less processed food
7. Switch to using and eating good fats like olive oil
8. Count calories using a food journal to track everything you eat and drink
9. Prepare and cook more of your meals so you know exactly what’s in your food
10. Spread out your food by eating 6 smaller meals per day
11. Go meatless 2-3 days per week as an easy way to eat healthy on a budget
12. Snack only on fresh fruits and vegetables
13. Switch to skim, 1%, 2%, or low-fat dairy
14. Purchase a meal delivery plan for well-balanced meals if you don’t know how or don’t have the time to cook
15. Search online for healthy meal plan recipes or invest in cook books
16. Cut down on your intake of alcoholic beverages to save on consuming empty calories
17. When dining out, only eat half of your meal and save the rest for later
18. Make it a point to stop eating after 7pm
19. Use more fresh or dried herbs like basil, parsley, oregano, sage, or thyme to season your food instead of using salt
20. Switch to wheat or whole grain breads, pasta, and rice
Remember, weight loss supplements can’t be taken forever. Stop the cycle of yo-yo dieting and learn how to improve your eating habits.
Many of these weight loss tips you can start doing today so no more excuses!
*Photos courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net